Skip Cline Society
The Skip Cline Society is a dynamic group of local professionals who share a common interest in advancing the future of health care. Members provide an active voice for the not-for-profit hospitals of Morton Plant Mease and the current health-related issues affecting our community.
The Skip Cline Society is named in honor of Harry Sykes “Skip” Cline, Jr. 18 years after his untimely death. To Skip's friends, he embodied the ideals of a young leader – charisma, enthusiasm, and energy. He was raised in the shadows of Morton Plant Hospital, in a family long devoted to charitable ideals; contributing time, treasure and talent.
Can you believe what we’ve accomplished since 2005?
• In our first year, we met our goal of reaching 100 memberships by the end of December
• That same year, we sold out our first Lobster Bake, which is now our signature event
• In 2006, we helped launch the largest spring triathlon race in the state
• In 2011, we introduced our first family-focused fishing tournament
Members enjoy social and educational events, including:
We have helped fund the following at Morton Plant Mease:
• BabySIM: interactive baby simulator helps our care givers to practice assessment and treatment of infant conditions in a realistic learning environment
• Giraffe OmniBed: an all-in-one neonatal care station providing a developmentally supportive, critical care environment for our high acuity newborns
• Broslow Color Coded Carts: facilitates the care of our pediatric patients with the needed medication and equipment in an emergent situation
• Handheld Vein Finder: portable device that helps nurses easily locate the patient’s veins to minimize unnecessary sticks
• SimNewB: interactive neonatal simulator trains our neonatal nurses by building confidence and practicing in a risk-free environment
• Education Conference Room: recognized signage at St. Joseph’s Children’s Specialty Center at Mease Countryside Hospital
Members will become better informed and more involved with their hospitals through a variety of social and educational events, as well as opportunities to mingle with physicians and hospital leadership. Their community outreach focus remains the hospitals’ emergency services and pediatric care.
- About Us
- Your Gifts At Work
How To Give
- Membership Philanthropic Support
- Annual Giving Foundation of Philanthropy
- Planned Giving Creating a Lasting Legacy
- Grateful Patient Program Moving Forward - Giving Back
- Tribute | Memorial Giving Gifts From The Heart
- Team Member Giving We Are Morton Plant Mease
- Recurring Gift Options Electronic Funds Transfer
- Matching Gifts Double Your Impact
- Volunteer Giving Back to the Community
- Contact Us